Spend Your Time, Your Way
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, The Village at Shrewsbury, you can live the life you love, and shed the responsibilities you don’t. No more mowing, shoveling or spending time in the kitchen (unless you want to).
The conveniences that make retirement living easy and fulfilling are right on campus, including a café, beauty salon, garden plots and more. The hub of our neighborhood is The Clubhouse, a favorite gathering place for a wide array of social, recreational and educational activities.
For a window into life in our welcoming community, view our photo gallery.
No Chores. Many Choices.
Take a stroll on our beautiful campus; pop over to Baltimore or Washington, D.C., to see a show; attend a lecture by York professors; work in your garden plot; join friends for cards; or take your canine pal for a walk.
Share. Learn. Do.
Our retirement living community offers many ways to enrich your life:
- Fitness: Yoga and water aerobics at the YMCA, on-campus exercise classes offering a full-body workout
- Wellness: Community wellness nurse and wellness workshops, including preventive screenings, counseling, educational seminars and wellness talks, nutritional workshops
- Outings & excursions: monthly bus trips to historic and cultural landmarks, mystery trips, dinner theaters and shows, shopping expeditions, library trips
- Outreach: many opportunities to give back through volunteering and committee work, both on campus and out in the greater community
- Games & cards: pinochle & 500, bridge, Wii sports, bingo and much more
- Clubs and groups: book club, Cooking with the Cottagers, Sunshine Group, crafts, art classes and studio
- Lifelong learning: educational programs through local colleges
- Dining groups and socials: Bagels & Brew, Coffee Corner, ladies’ chat mixer, men’s breakfast, breakfast out club, lunch out group, pot lucks, ice cream socials, themed dinners, wine and cheese socials, happy hour, afternoon teas, pizza parties, birthday parties
- Spiritual opportunities: Bible study groups, spiritual video-based discussion class, prayer group, ecumenical worship services, Holy Communion, full-time, on-site chaplain
With so many things to do and discover, you’ll be inspired to get out and embrace retired life!